Please Support Canon Filmmakers By Clicking The Banner To Order Any Gear You Want From B&H

Re:Inspired

3.16.2010

I remember the first time I met Philip Bloom... I had no idea who he was and had no idea I would soon purchase a 5d. Before I heard him speak and show his work at Re:Frame Austin, I saw him constantly running around with a camera. At that time I was relatively new to the industry and what stood out the most to me is that he was one of the only ones who always had a camera in his hand. Yes, of course, his work inspired me but his passion for what he does inspired me even more.

I had always used the Canon XHA1 and found it was too bulky to carry around for fun but that all changed with the 5d... I took it everywhere and still do. I love seeing beautiful pieces that are done out of the blue. Filming something that is not planned and just for fun, because you love what you do, is what it's all about.
Now, let me get to my point... We just came back from Vegas and while I was there I tweeted about how dirty the window was and how I wanted to do a timelapse. Rob Parker wrote me back and sent me a link to a very nice piece and guess what I love most about it? He did it spur of the moment. Thanks for sharing this with me Rob :)

Racing Rain from Rob Parker on Vimeo.



Have you been re:inspired by your new DSLR? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

5 comments:

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

I've known Rob Parker for many years...his work is always inspiring...every assignment...every time out...he gets it.

Brad Nau
Executive Producer of Special Projects
Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Anonymous,  March 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

How does one afford to get a Canon 5d with awesome lenses in this sad economy????

Andrzej Zaremba March 19, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

Agree 1000% with you Cristina! I started with reading your and Philip bloog 3 months ago. Then (inspired by what I saw) I bought 7D (previously I was using CanonXL1s). Now I am doing my movies AGAIN with joy and fun. Using my 25 years old lenses (from Praktica) I discover the pleasure of going out with camera in my hands. And as you and Philip still pushing the limits with every next movie I just can't stop chasing you! :)
So - here is my next one http://www.vimeo.com/10272606 - let's have fun!

Cory Pampalone March 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Love Rob's piece. Added to faves. I sent the following to john on twitter but would like to post here as well. Ever since I got my 7D my mind has been racing with amazing ideas. Here is a contest I entered for a music video for Moby. Enjoy!

http://genero.tv/watch-video/2930/

fxmixer March 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

Just found your website and I'm loving it! I recently bought a 7D and I'm working through the fun and challenges of transitioning from stills to video. I too have been very inspired by Philip Bloom and was fortunate to meet him a couple of months ago. Inspired by his time lapse work, I shot this while I was staying in San Francisco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSEInRY-J8o

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a community effort to help further the ongoing education of professionals and hobbyists interested in shooting HD video with Canon's line of professional DSLR's. Namely the Canon 5D MarkII and the recently released Canon 7D. We will also feature work by users of these cameras to give them exposure and to create a place to be inspired by others. This is a friendly effort so if all you bring to the table is negativity kindly go somewhere else. For all suggestions for article topics or if you have an article or film you would like to have published here please send all info to jonjconnor@gmail.com or send me a tweet at @jonconnorfilms

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP