Please Support Canon Filmmakers By Clicking The Banner To Order Any Gear You Want From B&H

The DSLR Cinematography Guide

2.05.2010

                                             Photo courtesy of Amy Reese Pruett


I don't claim to know everything or even close to it when it comes to filmmaking or DSLR's.
That's the great thing about cultivating a useful online resource and community. You don't have to. We all need to help each other as much as we can. It elevates the bar. It pushes the community forward. We are only as strong collectively as our weakest link. So when you assist someone else
you make yourself better in the process. But enough of the "social commentary" diatribe. The point of it all is I would like to thank my good friend Chad Nickle from Wild Orchid Studios in Austin Texas for bringing this very,very informative article on DSLR's to my attention.
The DSLR Cinematography Guide

5 comments:

laherrera5,  February 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Wow. Great link, Jon.
And thank you very much for, as you so eloquently put it, "elevating the bar." You continually share excellent articles, videos and personal knowledge. Your blog is one of the few I check on a daily basis, because I know I will get GREAT info.
This is a rapidly evolving industry, and everyone is learning as we go. Just as you are learning from others, we are learning from you, and hopefully others are learning from us. Thanks for taking the time to pass along your growing knowledge.

Sean Fitzroy February 6, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

Really great article / overview of DSLR issues. Thanks for sharing it!

Amy Reese-Pruett,  February 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Fabulous article! Making my head spin and my wallet cry..I want more gear! BUT a very wise woman recently helped me by saying " apply yourself, practice and master the gear you already have first". So.. I'll bookmark this for later :) Thx for sharing! And GREAT pics btw :) Thanks for using them!

John Miller February 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

Thanka for pointing me to this Jon - I'm officially on the bandwagon having purchased a 7D last week, and this page will help me immensely. Hope you're well.

Jon Connor February 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

laherrera and sean Thank you both very much. Amy follow that wise woman's words. John awesome you got the 7D! Anything I can do to help let me know.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a community effort to help further the ongoing education of professionals and hobbyists interested in shooting HD video with Canon's line of professional DSLR's. Namely the Canon 5D MarkII and the recently released Canon 7D. We will also feature work by users of these cameras to give them exposure and to create a place to be inspired by others. This is a friendly effort so if all you bring to the table is negativity kindly go somewhere else. For all suggestions for article topics or if you have an article or film you would like to have published here please send all info to jonjconnor@gmail.com or send me a tweet at @jonconnorfilms

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP