Please Support Canon Filmmakers By Clicking The Banner To Order Any Gear You Want From B&H

Canon 7D isn't a proper video camera ? Yeah OK...

12.10.2009


SEC Championship Game 12.5.2009, GeorgiaDome from patrick murphy-racey on Vimeo.

I'd like to thank Patrick  from Patrick Murphy-Racey Photography for sharing this with me.
I think this really shows the ability of a DSLR to be used to cover live events and the
amazing shots he was able to capture here are a very good look at the future of
 where filmmaking with DSLR's is heading. When I watched this after he emailed me the link,
I have to say I was absolutely floored! During a high pace game like football for him to be able to capture the shots he did with no noticeable rolling shutter, to me anyway, and keep things in focus is beyond me. I hope to be able to talk more in depth with him about this. Oh yeah and if you didn't notice I said Patrick from  Patrick Murphy-Racey Photography a photographer shot this. Convergence. Fusion.
Whatever you call it. It's here. So get used to it. You might learn a thing or two. Thank you again, Patrick for sharing this phenomenal piece !!
The lenses he used for this were the Canon EF400mm f/2.8L IS, EF200mm f/2L IS, EF15mm f/2.8

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 10, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Very impressive video; could do with the Satriani-esque soundtrack though.

Anonymous,  December 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

here is a sort of DIY followup that explains inmore detail how I shot the SEC championship football game:
http://vimeo.com/8137230

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a community effort to help further the ongoing education of professionals and hobbyists interested in shooting HD video with Canon's line of professional DSLR's. Namely the Canon 5D MarkII and the recently released Canon 7D. We will also feature work by users of these cameras to give them exposure and to create a place to be inspired by others. This is a friendly effort so if all you bring to the table is negativity kindly go somewhere else. For all suggestions for article topics or if you have an article or film you would like to have published here please send all info to jonjconnor@gmail.com or send me a tweet at @jonconnorfilms

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP