Please Support Canon Filmmakers By Clicking The Banner To Order Any Gear You Want From B&H

Reel World: with Patrick Murphy-Racey

12.12.2009

Some of you saw my earlier blog post which included this amazing video shot with the Canon 7D.

SEC Championship Game 12.5.2009, GeorgiaDome from patrick murphy-racey on Vimeo.

There were a ton of questions about how this was done. First a little background on Patrick
Murphy-Racey because as we all know the toys are great but it's the man behind the camera
that makes the biggest impact.

"I'm a former Sports Illustrated photographer. I did a lot of work for SI from 1992-1998. I then began working on a book project on Tennessee football that took me away from the SI work, which I self published in 2003.


I've worked for a number of newspapers in my career as a full-time shooter but quit in 1992 to pursue a freelance career instead.  I've been doing that ever since.  I am really loving this new twist on how to communicate and tell stories. The Canon video capabilities are truly remarkable and simply produce eye candy every time I hit that button. Being able to shoot motion picture quality video on the full-frame chip of the 5DMKII is awesome.


My inbox is jammed with people asking me questions about how I did the SEC Championship video.  Rather than try to answer everyone, I simply made another video explaining the process and what I did to get the results...  I think it will prove helpful for many." - Patrick Murphy-Racey


I'd like to thank Patrick for taking time out of his busy schedule to help educate the filmmaking community 
on this new technology. It is an exciting time we live in for filmmakers and photographers alike. So here it is.
Enjoy!





SECHD: how it was shot... by Patrick Murphy-Racey from patrick murphy-racey on Vimeo.

Check out Patrick's photography here.

3 comments:

WillSalomon December 17, 2009 at 2:06 AM  

Very Nice. I appreciate your site and willingness to share. Thanks.

Anonymous,  December 17, 2009 at 3:09 AM  

Thanks a lot for posting this very interesting article and video.

As lot of us, I guess Patrick is also waiting for this:

http://5dmark2.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/5d-mark-ii-gets-720p60-mode/

But he might be VERY interested on reading this too:

http://5dmark2.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/canon-firmware-updates/

Most (if not all) are VERY possible Fixes and Improvements for the 5D Mark II via Firmware Update..

Canon have unique oportunity in their hands. We really hope they realize the HUGE potential of this camera and even more potential sales on it, then add the funciontalities it can really handle.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Anonymous,  December 27, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Patrick,

Great shoot & edit... WOW. Thank you so much for sharing the 'how to' with all of us - it is much appreciated. Your comment to Canon about changing the mirror is well taken and I hope Nikon is listening as well. It is amazing how DSLR video is revolutionizing the industry... can't wait to see where the next couple rounds of updated and improved products takes us.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a community effort to help further the ongoing education of professionals and hobbyists interested in shooting HD video with Canon's line of professional DSLR's. Namely the Canon 5D MarkII and the recently released Canon 7D. We will also feature work by users of these cameras to give them exposure and to create a place to be inspired by others. This is a friendly effort so if all you bring to the table is negativity kindly go somewhere else. For all suggestions for article topics or if you have an article or film you would like to have published here please send all info to jonjconnor@gmail.com or send me a tweet at @jonconnorfilms

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP